• We will do our best to give you a site in the area that you request at the time of your reservation. If you want a specific site, you may pay the site lock fee to be guaranteed that site.
• All cancellations must follow our cancelation policy
• No refund will be made for early departure.
• Check in time is after 1:00 p.m. for camp sites and tent sites, 3:00 p.m. for cabins
• Checkout is 11:00am. The site must be vacated by this time. A pre-approved late check-out may be available at $8 per hour with a maximum of 2 hours. Please check with office for approval.
• Maximum of 1 RV per RV site (1 small tent allowed for kids)
• Maximum of 2 tents per tent site
• Maximum of 8 people per site (includes kids)
• Visitors are welcome but must register at the office, VISITORS ARE NOT PERMITED TO BRING IN PETS. Must be visiting a camper who is present on the grounds. NO VISITORS AFTER 8 pm.
• Speed limit 5 MPH. 2 Vehicles max per site, NO golf carts, UTVs or 4 wheelers are to be driven on grounds
• QUIET HOURS: 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
• NO FIREWOOD FROM OUTSIDE CLINTON AND ESSEX COUNTIES!!! DO NOT CUT, DAMAGE, DESTROY, OR REMOVE ANY LIVING PLANTS, TREES, OR SHRUBS. Firewood is sold in the store.
• Please be extremely careful with fires, cigarettes, and matches. Fires are allowed only in designated fire rings. Please do not move the fire rings and NEVER leave a fire unattended.
• Our store hours are posted at each entrance. Restrooms and showers are open 24 hours. Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult. Laundry is located in the main building.
• SWIMMING POOL: Our pool hours are posted at the entrance of the pool. The pool is for registered campers ONLY. Must have pool wavier signed and on file at office. Please observe all rules and regulations posted. PLEASE ACCOMPANY AND STAY WITH ALL CHILDREN UNDER AGE 18. Pool hours are subject to weather conditions.
• All campsites must be maintained in a neat and sanitary condition. State sanitation laws require that a bucket be placed under sink drains. Please empty all wastewater in dump station. Dishes, food, or clothes must not be rinsed or washed at faucets. Please use utility sink located in the laundry. GARBAGE MUST BE DISPOSED OF AS PER RECYCLING AND POSTED RULES. PLEASE bring garbage to dump stations. There is no on-site pick up. Thank You!
• Pets are allowed on your own camping site, NOT in Cabins. Vaccination papers required. You are responsible to clean up after your pets and please no excessive barking allowed. No pets in the swimming area.
• Parents or guardians are responsible for the behavior and safety of their children. Defacing, mutilating, or misusing any property is prohibited and will not be tolerated. Children 6 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult to the rest rooms and showers. playing in these areas is prohibited.
• Disorderly conduct, drunkenness, obscene language, firearms, and fireworks will not be allowed.
• Helmets are required in New York State for anyone under the age of 14 operating a bicycle.
• Operation of a generator is NOT permitted.
• Do not move picnic tables from assigned sites.
• Act of Nature: Ausable Chasm is not responsible for any damage done to trailers, RV’s, tents, cars, boats, etc. due to an Act of Nature or theft. Ausable Chasm is not liable for any personal injury to tenants or guests. You are responsible to pay for any damages caused to the campsite and campsite items. Sorry, we are unable to allow firearms, fireworks, ATV’s, chainsaws, generators on the property.
• We reserve the right to evict any person at any time, without a refund, if they are not respecting the guest guidelines, quiet time, being drunk/disorderly or in possession of illegal substances.
To guarantee your campsite, a deposit of at least half your stay will be charged to your credit card at the time you make your reservation. Make your online reservations anytime, day or night, at campspot.com/book/ausable-chasm. You'll receive a confirmation email from the campground once you complete your reservation.
Need to Cancel? If you need to cancel your reservation, please call 1-518-834-9990 before the deadlines listed below to receive your deposit refund, minus a $15.95 cancellation fee. Email notifications of cancellations are not acceptable.
*In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.*
RV & Tent Sites: 3-day cancellation notice is required. Notify the Campground by 4 p.m. 3-days before your scheduled arrival. *7-day notice required for holiday and special events* (listed below).
Camping Cabins: 7-day cancellation notice required. Please notify the Campground by 4 p.m. 7-days before your scheduled arrival. *14-day notice required for holiday and special events* (listed below).
Reservations made after these deadlines require nonrefundable deposits. Cancellations made after deadlines will result in forfeiture their entire deposit.
No refunds will be issued for early check out
Holidays may have special deposit and/or cancellation requirements. Special conditions may apply during high-demand periods and special events.